Charles said: "This prestigious Awards program is an excellent opportunity to uncover our best business women and acknowledge the contribution they make within our community.
"The Awards are open to all business women to participate, whether they are business owners, executives and employees in the private and corporate sector or leaders in community and government organisations.
"Our community has many local business women who make a positive impact on countless lives every day. Nominating them for the Awards recognises the inspiration they have given to other women to reach and exceed their goals.
"For business women, the Awards can be a rewarding experience that offers a chance to review their career, reset their goals and widen their business network," Charles said.
Carolyn Watson of Optimum Percussion in Burwood, was a finalist in last year's Awards.
Nominations for the Awards can be made at telstrabusinesswomensawards.com or by calling 1800 817 536. Entries are open until 20 June.
For finalists and winners, the Telstra Business Women's Awards provide personal opportunities and substantial recognition as well as a share in more than $200,000 in cash and prizes.
The Award categories are:
• Commonwealth bank Business Owner Award – open to owners with a 50 per cent share or more in a business with responsibility for key management decision-making
• Hudson Private and Corporate Sector Award open to employees in the private and corporate sectors or owners with less than a 50 per cent share of a business
• White Pages Community and Government Award – open to employees in government departments, statutory bodies and not-for-profit organisations
• Nokia Business Innovation Award – open to all entrants, this Award recognises the successful introduction of innovation within a business or workplace
• marie claire Young Business Women's Award – open to all entrants who are aged 34 years or younger as at 30 June 2011